Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Merchant Marine??? Now what??? First...Wickenburg to Scottsdale, AZ Final leg of this bike trip...02/10/2021






    Well, as some of you know, I was in the middle of this trip from Pahrump, NV to Kemah, TX when I was called for my new career opportunity.  I eagerly went for it, and that meant not stopping the trip but certainly  postponing it a bit.  The new opportunity is to work as a Merchant Marine like my grandfather and Uncle both were.  It is phenomenal to think about getting to do that, and honestly it pays better than being a teacher.  I have always felt that I was on a mission in my work... so I am now going from being a light to the youth, to being a light for mariners and those I come into contact with around the world.  We never know how just living our lives will affect an help others, but I am certain that it does, because I am certain in a living God who orders and guides my life by His Word the Bible.  “The steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord...” Psalms 37:23.Now for the rest of the story:

     I got a great start from the Best Western Wickenburg, AZ and off I went towards Scottsdale.  I rode for an hour out of town before I stopped to check everything was still connected, and do my regular maintenance check.  I purposefully did this because I wanted to get under way an I knew if I dickered around any more it would be even later than 7AM hitting the road.  So off we set.  It was chilly but I was dressed for the occasion.  It was a pretty straightforward trip.  I google mapped the route from the Best Western Wickenburg to my final destination, marking out stops along the way.  Lunch was to be at the Starbucks close to Phoenix, and that was truly a lovely experience.  When I arrived there They were playing Loionel Richie’s “All Night Long”  which brought me back to the scared and utter long night I had just spent getting to Wickenburg.  What an awsome experience an what a way to go with the E-Cells 1500 ATB, AWD, Mountain bike.  It is a beast and capable of handling almost anything thrown at it. 

   So, I stopped after the first hour and checked out my trailer and gear.  I also checked my tires and found two huge roofing staples in my back tire. Must have happened when I ran over a pallet or something on the all night long trip the night before.  I was baffled.  What should I do?  If I pull them out then I run the risk of letting all the air out if the tubes were punctured.  I thought to myself well, lets give these liners a try and so I pulled them both out and gave the tire a good chance and ample time to deflate.  I topped off both tires with my fully electric mini pump provided free of charge by E-Cells and saddled up ...continuing the ride.  It was only supposed to take me 6 hours to get to my final destination, an it did in fact take just that much time, including my 45 minute lunch stop at Starbucks.  What a joy... I am smiling right now thinking about riding that bicycle.  I have owned a bicycle my entire life and enjoyed thousands of rides around the world, including Western China, across the USA, Israel, the USVI, Saudi Arabia, Russia, and countless places in between... and nothing feels as fun and great and brings such a smile to my face like the E-Cells E-bike does.  GET YOURS TODAY AND TELL THEM CHRISTOPER SENT YOU.

   After a starting my ride again I got oh I say a m,I’ll or two and ran up on a Sheriff and his deputies clocking peoples speed.  I was (as I always am) only doing about 15 miles per hour.  At the time they clocked me I was down to 13mph.  they got on the bull horn and joked with me about slowing it down and that they clocked me at the high rate of 13mph:-)  We all had a great chuckle, and went about our day.  You know, that was one of the highlights of the trip.  Interaction with people and especially those who protect and serve, gives me great joy an honor.  Again, our life makes a difference and as has been told me thousands of times, we may be the only Jesus anyone ever sees.  So lets remember to put on Him daily.  “I die daily” 1 Corinthians 15:31... and elsewhere His word declares that “We are Hid with Christ in God”.  Like a three fold cord which is not easily broken.  I am like a penny in the Hand of Jesus, which is covered by another Hand, “The Hand of God our Father...  That is what that means, an that is an impenetrable place of protection, care, and joy. Colossians 3:3.  From there is was one encounter after another with bikes, pedestrians, and great riding roads.  the big mountain ranges were behind me now, and it was mostly flats and on great terrain as well.  The roads are very biker friendly on the way into Scottsdale, AZ and the planners of this community really do care for the pedestrians and understand the importance of safety and recreational activities.  I am amazed at this after all these years,  Often I do wonder what would have happened had I stayed in Scottsdale, but again we have to concede fully to our innermost selves that God is everything and He orchestrates our comings and our goings.  I am grateful for this thought.  

   The best route from Wickenburg for me was taking Route 60 to 74, to Thunderbird, to 90th street and on to Scottsdale.  When I arrived at my destination I was greeted by my father and his neighbor who were out speaking about retirement things:-).  I enjoyed rolling up on him and listening to them conversing about all things retired.  In fact the entire day was just so pleasant.  One rider after another I pulled up alongside to was all to eager to speak with me about my bike and experience.  It was also a great opportunity to share with many how great the E-Cells e-bike really is.  

Well, as I stated earlier I Amon my way to training and will not be back for many months… I will finish what I started though and look very forward to sharing the rest of this trip with you as soon as I get back.  

Update:  it is now Mid May and I am on a ship that will be out to sea until at least the end of the year… I will check back in with you at a later time and look forward to getting back to riding soon.  Until then, many thanks and kind regards, christopher 



Check out Ecells.com, tell them Christopher sent you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment