Monday, October 18, 2021

Back on the road with E-Cells Super Monarch 1500 AWD… A dream come true.

 So far we have traveled about 300 miles and as of the reading of 10/19/21 we will be in New Mexico.  We are staying at a hostel today and I am looking forward to saving a few bucks:-), and still having my needs met.  I am not opposed to camping, but would be great if I didn’t have to:-).  At any rate, we are having a great time.  I left Scottsdale on 10/15 and so far the bike has met all my expectations.  I twist the throttle it goes, I pedal assist it moves…. It has made the trip much more enjoyable than in 2012, although I am still doing a lot of work:-), and pulling the trailer is not a lot of fun.  I don’t know another way though, and still having everything I would need to repair and fix on the go.  The gears are working great, the motors seem to be able to handle the work, and the dual motor action is something really spectacular.  I would like to see a little bit better range, but we are still in mountain region and therefore getting 75-90 miles is a good accomplishment, in pedal assist 4 all day.  I have stopped for lunch on two of the three days and charged for about an hour.  On Sunday I did this and really shouldn’t have.  Because of that stop I ended up with about 50 stickers in my trailer tires and about 20 in my bike tires.  The bike tires have the Tannus Liner so that is great.  But both my trailer tires went flat and required me to change them, before proceeding on to the hotel.  I didn’t need to charge and should not have stopped at that rest area.  I had a check in my spirit about it, but I did it anyway and paid a heavy price.  Nevertheless, for fun I decided since I had so much charge left I throttled the last ten miles to the hotel going about 20 something miles an hour.  That is spectacular when you consider I am pulling a trailer behind me that weighs at least 100 pounds.  SO GREAT!!!  Thank you Ecells.com for the great experience.  I highly recommend you get one as soon as possible call David Cleveland today and tell him Christopher sent you.  








No comments:

Post a Comment